The Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 Prime was launched alongside the Redmi Note 2 in China in August. It looks as if Xiaomi is preparing for the launch of the much anticipated Redmi Note 2 Prime in India. The handset never made its way to India, owing to an injunction against Xiaomi by Ericsson which is thought to be the prime reason.
The launch teaser for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 comes a week after Qualcomm and Xiaomi entered into a 3G and 4G China patent license agreement that would allow the latter to sell MediaTek powered handsets in India. An interim order by the Delhi High Court last year had barred it from selling MediaTek-based handsets in the country stating the reason to be that they violated patents by Ericsson.
The Redmi Note 2 Prime features:
- 5-inch full-HD (1920x1080 pixels) display.
- MediaTek Helio X10 SoC clocked at 2.2GHz
- 2GB of RAM
- 32GB of internal storage expandable via microSD card (up to 32GB).
Other features of the handset include:
- 13-megapixel rear camera and 5-megapixel front-facing sensor.
- 3060mAh battery
- MIUI 7 based on Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 4G LTE, 3G support
- Price point: Below Rs 15,000 approximately (Expected)
At this point no firm launch date is known, although Xiaomi has teased the arrival of the phone over its Facebook page.
Source: NDTV GAdgets