Xiaomi Mi Max announced, and it’s huge
Xiaomi just announced Mi Max, the company’s first phablet at an event in China. It has a 6.44-inch 1080p 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by an Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 or Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 SoCs, runs on MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow). It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the back.
It has a full metal unibody design and is just 7.5mm thick. It also has hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the second slot as a microSD expansion slot when required. It also packs a huge 4850mAh battery.
Xiaomi Mi Max specifications
- 6.44-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 1000 : 1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 / Octa Core Snapdragon 652 processor with Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB / 64GB storage, 4GB with 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 173.1×88.3×7.5mm; Weight: 203g
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4850mAh (typical) / 4760mAh (minimum) battery
The Xiaomi Mi Max comes in gold, silver and light grey colors. It comes in 3 variants. 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and Snapdragon 650 SoC variant is priced at 1499 yuan (US$ 230 / Rs. 15335 approx.) , 3GB RAM with 64GB storage and Snapdragon 652 SoC variant is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 260 / Rs. 17,375 approx.) and the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage and Snapdragon 652 SoC variant is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 306 / Rs. 20,445 approx.). It will be available for order starting today in China and will go on sale from May 17th. No word on the global roll out yet.