LITTLE KNOWN FACTS ABOUT THE INDIAN AIRFORCE
1. Indian Air Force is the 4th largest operational air force.
2. Indian Air Force presently operates more than 1500 air-crafts with a strength of about 150,000 active personnel.
3. Before independence the Indian air force was called “Royal Indian Air Force”.
4. Arjan Singh is the only living Indian officer with a five star rank which makes him the Air marshall of the Indian air force
5. During the Indo- Pak war 1965 IAF went head on with Pakistan air force which was superior in every manner possible, thanks to USA. But even their tactile and technological edge couldn’t lead the PAF to victory and IAF defeated the PAF in the best way possible.
6. The first ever air marshall of the IAF was not an Indian. Sir Thomas Walker Elmhirst, born in England was the first commander- in – chief of the Indian Air Force.
Once again, we thank you for your selfless service to our nation. Touch the sky with glory.