YU CONFIRMS METAL BODY FOR ITS FLAGSHIP YUTOPIA SMARTPHONE
YU is expected to launch its flagship YU YUTOPIA smartphone later this month. Rahul Sharma, Co-founder and CEO of YU recently confirmed the YU YUTOPIA smartphone and the Cyanogen Inc.recently confirmed that the smartphone will come with Cyagnogen OS 12.1 based on Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop). Now YU has confirmed that the smartphone will come with a metal body, as rumored earlier. It also shows with chamfered edge.
The caption says R.I.P Plastic & Sandstone. True Power Lies in Metal. The tweet reads “The Real Beast is metal. “Flagship” rivals may now become immaterial.” taking a dig at the Xiaomi Mi 4, OnePlus 2 and others.
YU YUTOPIA (YU5050) rumored specifications
- 5.2-inch (1440 x 2560 pixels) Quad HD display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 Octa-Core (4 x 2.0GHz + 4 x 1.5GHz) 64-bit processor with Adreno 430 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB internal storage
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based Cyanogen OS 12.1
- 21MP rear camera with LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, dual-band WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
We should know the complete specifications and the pricing of the smartphone at the launch in the next few weeks. We will let you know once YU sends out invites for the launch event.